In a rebuke of the Department of Justice, the Third Circuit recently overturned money laundering conspiracy convictions for a reverse distributor pharmaceutical company, Devos Ltd., and two of its former executives, CEO Dean Volkes and CFO Donna Fallon. The Third Circuit’s opinion, United States v. Fallon, affirmed other convictions against the company and individuals but ordered a resentencing and a recalculation of the sums subject to forfeiture.
- Inconsistent Verdicts Don’t Negate Double Jeopardy in Blocking Murder Case Retrial - SCOTUS Today
- Uniform Law Commission to Draft Uniform or Model Act Addressing Disclosure Requirements in Commercial Financing Transactions
- A Big Day at the Court, with a Few Small, Unanimous Decisions - SCOTUS Today
- New Jersey Becomes Most Recent State to Sign a Comprehensive Consumer Privacy Law
- New York’s Highest Court Clarifies Law on “Relation Back” and Statute of Limitations