On October 3, 2023, the United States Supreme Court heard oral argument in Community Financial Services Association of America Ltd., et al. v. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, et al., in which the Court was asked to determine the constitutionality of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (“CFPB”) independent funding structure.
In Community Financial Services Association of America Ltd., et al. v. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, et al., the U. S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit held in a unanimous decision that the CFPB’s “unique” funding ...
- What Does the Upcoming Amendment to Federal Rule of Evidence 702 Mean for the Admission of Expert Testimony?
- Rare DOJ Criminal Indictment Related to Medicare Advantage Risk Adjustment
- What to Do When Your Distribution Checks Stop Arriving
- The Validity of More Than a Decade’s Worth of Federal Regulations Are at Stake as the U.S. Supreme Court Decides the Constitutionality of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s Funding Structure
- What to Know About the New DOJ Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Safe Harbor Policy for Voluntary Self-Disclosures Made in Conjunction with Misconduct: Questions and Answers